Here are CrossFit Merge’s Gym Rules made official with a posting on the internet:
1. Arrive early and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. Additionally, the penalty for showing up late is 5 burpees per minute.
2. See someone new in the class, introduce yourself. No bourgeois attitudes here. Say hello and then ask them what their deadlift is.
3. Check your ego at the door. Because somewhere a 14 year old is warming up with your PR.
4. EMPTY barbells and kettlebells were not designed to be dropped. We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily.
5. Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because it’s very time consuming to clean up.
6. Clean up and put away your toys. Please clean up your sweat, blood, or any other DNA you left on the floor or on the equipment. Put all the equipment you used back where it belongs.
7. Don’t cheat! Finish first, or finish last, no one really cares, but everyone will care if you cheat. Be honest with everyone else, and be honest with yourself. You know what full range of motion is, so there’s no excuse for shoddy reps.
And don’t forget to work hard and have fun.
L-sit progressions & shoot throughs
Workout of the Day (WOD):
3 rounds for time of:
30 wall ball shots (20#/14# medicine ball for women)
10 dumbbell squat snatches, one arm (40#/25# dumbbell for women)
10 dumbbell squat snatches, other arm
3 round for time of:
30 wall ball shots
10 dumbbell overhead squats, one arm
10 dumbbell overhead squats, other arm
Post times to comments
Adriana and Jen working the l-sit while Cory takes a moment with an itch.
Mateo getting down on his squat snatch as Michael psyches himself up.